"CAL Day" Features Readings and Signings
Beverly Jones, a Penstemon Publications author, will be among ten CAL award winners featured at the Colorado Author's League Day program at Barnes & Noble, 960 S. Colorado Blvd. in Denver, on Sunday, June 26, continuing CAL's 85th year celebration.
Each author will discuss her or his book during a 30 minute session and answer questions. Books will be available for purchase throughout the day, and authors will sign copies as requested.
The program begins at 11 a.m. and concludes at 4 p.m.
Here's the schedule (author, category, title):
"CAL Day" SCHEDULE
- 11:00 - Claudia McAdam (Children's Books) The Mermaid's Gift
- 11:30 - Beverly Jones (Young Adult Books) War Bonds: Remembering One Small Town in America During World War II
- Noon - Heather Hansen (General Non-Fiction) Prophets and Moguls, Rangers and Rogues, Bison and Bear: 100 Years of the National Park Service
- 12:30 - Sharon Cairns Mann (Short Fiction) Tesserae: A Mosaic of Story
- 1:00 - Margaret Coel (Lifetime Achievement) Wind River Mystery Series
- 1:30 - Carolyn Campbell (Creative Non-Fiction) Flying with El Condor
- 2:00 - Andrea Jones (Blogs) Between Urban and Wild
- 2:30 - Patricia Raybon (Essays) After Charleston
- 3:00 - Bruce Most (Genre Fiction) Murder on the Tracks
- 3:30 - Maura Weller (Mainstream Fiction) Contrition
Gary Raham was an awards finalist in the Colorado Authors League competition in the creative non-faiction category. He made a presentation about his book Confessions of a Time Traveler at the Tattered Cover Book Store in Littleton, Colorado on April 25, 2016. He also made an appearance at the BookBar in Denver on April 30, 2016
Penstemon Publications authors were among the many exhibiting on JAX Local Author Day in Loveland on Saturday, November 7, 2015. Below is an excerpt from the press release for this event.
This is the 7th annual Local Author Day we've held at JAX,” says Chrissy LaBarr, JAX book buyer. ” We hold this event to promote books, reading, and local authors and also to support local libraries. Ten percent of book sales from this event each year are donated to support a local library; this year the funds will go to support the Loveland Public Library. We invite folks to stop by AND START your holiday gift shopping--books make wonderful gifts for people of all ages.”
Nearly 100 authors of books including children’s stories, teen fiction, science fiction, mysteries, history, and outdoor activities will be available at the two locations to chat with the public about their work and to sell and sign copies of their books.
From 11:00-3:00pm at JAX (located at 950 E. Eisenhower), you can meet a wide range of authors with books on a dizzying array of subjects. In addition to a great variety of books on outdoor activities, from snowshoeing to horse-packing, hiking to dog-training, you will also find books on Colorado ghost towns, vineyards, painting, photography, campfire songs, changing careers, even poetry and historical fiction. Several children's book authors will be featured also.
From 12:30-1:30 pm, at the Loveland Public Library (located at 300 N. Adams) you can purchase lunch from local food trucks in the parking lot. The author showcase at the library will be open from 1:30 – 4:30 pm
Don't miss this great opportunity to visit with many talented local authors, purchase books, and get books signed for great holiday gifts. Please be sure to stop by BOTH locations to support Northern Colorado’s amazing authors and your local library!